- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
Charmaine Voorhees is an Associate in the Dallas office of Godwin Bowman & Martinez,
focusing her practice on commercial and business litigation matters. She
represents both plaintiffs and defendants in business and commercial disputes
involving banking, employment, and other business litigation issues. Charmaine
has also worked extensively in the areas of real estate, family law, and
estate planning/probate in addition to having first and second chair trial
experience representing individuals and businesses.
She received her Juris Doctor degree from Texas A&M University School of Law in 2014. During law school, Charmaine served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Judge Martin Hoffman of the 68th District Court, participated in mock trial, and worked as a law clerk for litigation firms. She received a dual undergraduate degree in English and Philosophy with a minor in Business from Texas Christian University.
Charmaine is also proficient in Spanish.
To Print Charmaine Voorhees' Full Bio Click Here.
- Commercial Litigation
- First chair jury trial receiving favorable verdict for international car rental company on both liability and damages. Defendant made a zero dollar offer prior to trial.
- Obtained a judgment notwithstanding a jury verdict setting aside a five-figure jury verdict awarded in a case arising from misappropriation of business assets. Drafted, argued, and won a defense motion for summary judgment in a premises liability case seeking over $1.2 million in damages involving a commercial lease.
- Received a take-nothing judgment for Defendant sued for breach of contract regarding promissory note.
- Real Estate
- Represented national property management companies in several forcible detainer actions and received writs of possession in addition to favorable monetary judgments.
- Second chaired an injunction hearing in a declaratory judgment action regarding easement rights.
- Family Law
- Second chair at bench trials in divorce matters involving property and child custody issues.
- First chair experience at dispositive hearings establishing child support and visitation.
- Estate Planning/Probate
- Experience with estate planning, applications for independent administration, and probating wills as a muniment of title.
- State Bar of Texas, 2014.
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, 2015.
- William "Mac" Taylor Inn of Court
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Wellness Committee CoChair
- Courthouse Tour Committee
- Dallas Bar Association
- Junior League of Dallas, Music Therapy Placement
- Walk to End Alzheimer's