Ashley A. Norton
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Financial Institution Disputes
Ashley Norton is an associate at Godwin Bowman & Martinez, focusing her practice on commercial and business litigation matters. She represents both plaintiff and defendants in business and commercial disputes involving banking, employment, and other business litigation issues. She also represents clients in pre-litigation negotiations and alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
She received her Juris Doctor degree from SMU Dedman School of Law in 2017. During law school, Ashley served as chief counsel for the SMU Criminal Justice Clinic and Vice Chair of Student Affairs for the Board of Advocates. She also earned her Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Sciences at Oklahoma State University.
To Print Ashley Norton's Full Bio Click Here
- Representation of clients in several commercial matters including breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, and fraud.
- As a student attorney in the SMU Criminal Justice Clinic, defended client charged with Driving While Intoxicated, and sat second-chair while representing her client through a jury trial in a Texas misdemeanor court.
Presentations & Publications
- Co-Presenter/Author, “How Lawyers Can Use Social Media and Technology, The Legality and Ethical Ramifications”, Texas State Bar CLE, October, 2017
- State Courts of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- SMU Dedman School of Law (J.D., 2017)
Oklahoma State University (B.S. in Nutritional Sciences, 2013)
- Watermark Community Church Member