Daniel A. Ortega
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury Defense
Daniel Ortega is an Associate in the Dallas office of Godwin Bowman & Martinez PC. Daniel primarily focuses on commercial litigation and represents clients in a broad range of complex legal issues. He has also worked extensively in the areas of personal injury defense, premises liability, commercial liability and first and third party insurance defense in state and federal courts. He was a member of the Firm's trial team in the successful defense of Halliburton in connection with all civil litigation and investigations concerning BP's Macondo well (Deepwater Horizon) blowout in the Gulf of Mexico, the largest environmental lawsuit in the history of the United States.
Daniel received his Juris Doctor from the New England Law, where he earned a spot on the Dean's List for all three years. He was also Charles Hamilton Houston Scholar. He received his undergraduate degree in Economics from the University of Texas at Austin.
To Print Daniel Ortega's Full Bio, Click Here.
Representative ExperienceCommercial Litigation
- Provided a significant support role in the representation of large corporations, including contract disputes, patent litigation and antitrust compliance audits involving extensive discovery and document production.
- Managed heavy litigation docket in personal injury defense and premises liability cases for a Fortune 500 retailer and trucking companies in all aspects of litigation, including discovery, depositions and resolution.
- Assisted in representing Halliburton Co. in defense and environmental regarding clean-up disputes in a multi-district litigation.
Honors & Awards
- New England Journal on Criminal & Civil Confinement, Executive Case & Note Editor (2007 – May 2008)
- U.S. District Courts in the Western & Southern Districts of Texas
- State Courts of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, 2009
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL)
- Dallas Bar Association
- New England School of Law (J.D.2008)
- University of Texas at Austin (B.A. Economics 2005)