Jennifer M. McCoy
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- Labor and Employment
Jennifer McCoy is a Family Law attorney in the Dallas office of Godwin Bowman & Martinez, representing clients in a variety of family law matters including suits affecting the parent-child relationship, pre-marital agreements, common law marriage disputes, and divorce. Jennifer also handles criminal matters affecting her clients, and has experience in a broad range of commercial and civil matters.
Jennifer began her legal career at an Am Law 100 firm, where she gained skills and experience litigating complex commercial matters. During law school, Jennifer interned for the U.S. Attorney's Office, the U.S. House of Representatives, and the Honorable Sam Lindsay of the Northern District of Texas. She was also a student attorney and Chief Counsel of SMU Law's Criminal Defense Clinic.
To Print Jennifer McCoy's Full Bio, Click Here.
- Represented clients in suits affecting the parent-child relationship.
- Served as first chair on a jury trial where client was successfully acquitted of all pending criminal charges.
- Successfully representation of clients in matters involving contract and real estate disputes, derivative suits, labor and employment, and other complex commercial matters.
Honors & Awards
- Larry Margolies Public Interest Fellowship, Recipient
- Jackson Walker Moot Court Competition, Best Advocate
- State Bar of Texas, 2016
- Northern District of Texas, 2017
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Equal Access to Justice Committee
- SMU Dedman School of Law (J.D., 2016)
- Texas A&M University (B.S. in Psychology, 2012)
- American Constitution Society, Board Member