Michael A. Holmes
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Corporate & Securities
- Energy & Environmental Disputes
- Financial Institution Disputes
- Trust/Probate Planning & Litigation
- Real Estate & Construction Disputes
- Software Disputes, Data Security, Privacy, and Cybersecurity
Michael A. Holmes represents both plaintiffs and defendants in business and commercial disputes involving contracts, securities, trusts and probate, banking, employment, energy, and environmental issues in Texas state and federal court. A Senior Attorney in Godwin Bowman & Martinez's Dallas offices, Mr. Holmes has represented numerous clients in pre-litigation negotiations, alternate dispute resolution, and trial proceedings across Texas.
Michael received his Juris Doctor degree from the Baylor School of Law. He earned his B.A. in Business Administration at Texas A&M University, where he graduated magna cum laude.
To Print Michael A. Holmes' Full Bio Click Here
- Commercial Litigation - Represented financial services boutique in nineteen-party FINRA Arbitration; Defended Commercial Guarantors in foreclosure deficiency lawsuit; Represented product manufacturer in fraud, breach of contract and tortious interference with contract claims.
- Business Litigation - Defended major Texas bank regarding internet defamation; Represented start-up businesses in breach of contract and intellectual property disputes; represented major Texas retailer in breach of contract action.
- Energy - Represented oilfield services operator in environmental contamination spill lawsuit; Defended oil and gas water solutions operator in transportation action; Represented drilling lubricant manufacturer in product liability and breach of contract lawsuit.
- Environmental - Defended construction company in environmental construction dust and contamination case; Defended oilfield operator in spill into groundwater.
- Employment - Defended long-term healthcare provider in employee collective action and overtime/auto-deduct dispute.
Presentations & Publications
- Author, "Trade Secrets Stay Secrets", Texas Young Lawyers Association, TYLA e-News, August, 2016
- Speaker/Instructor, "Fracking in Depth" Texas Continuing Legal Education Course - 3 Hour Presentation
- Author, "What is all the Fracking Fuss?", Carl Warren and Company Connects
- Author, "What's Shaking?", Claims Litigation Management - Fracking Earthquakes article
- Co-Presenter/Author, "How Lawyers Can Use Social Media and Technology, The Legality and Ethical Ramifications", Texas State Bar CLE, October, 2017
- Author, "Protecting Your Company from Cybersecurity Litigation", Today's General Counsel, June, 2017
Honors & Awards
- Joseph Milton Nance Memorial Scholar
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation Fellow 2015-16
- State Courts of Texas
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas.
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers (DAYL)
- DAYL 2013 Leadership Class
- DAYL Co-Chair of Aid to the Homeless Committee
- DAYL Foundation Fellow 2015-16
- Baylor School of Law (J.D. 2012)
- Texas A&M University (Business Administration, 2009, magna cum laude)
- American Arthritis Foundation – Board of Directors
- Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals
- Young Professionals in Energy Member
- Watermark Community Church Member