Laci S. Bowman
- Collaborative Law
- Divorce Litigation
- Family Law Litigation
Laci Bowman is a well-known and highly-respected family law attorney. She represents clients in all aspects of family law, including divorce, modification proceedings, premarital and post marital property agreements, suits affecting parent-child relationship, and enforcement issues.
Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2013, Laci specializes in complex family law issues, and has the ability to negotiate difficult settlement agreements, as well as taking a case through trial when appropriate. Laci specializes in high stakes property issues, complex child custody issues, and modifications of orders. She has tried multiple jury trials, bench trials, and arbitrations involving property and children disputes, and provides clients the ability to weigh the risks and rewards of taking a case to trial or reaching a settlement.
Laci is also trained as a collaborative attorney, offering clients the option of addressing their family law needs outside of the courtroom through the confidential settlement process known as collaborative law. She understands that each client has specific goals and interests, and that it is important for a family law practitioner to have all the tools and knowledge available to help their clients address those goals and interests in the most efficient and effective manner possible. Laci was trained as a collaborative law practitioner in 2009 and then co-founded, and served as President of, the Collaborative Law Professionals of North Texas, a collaborative law practice group. The organization has since merged into Collaborative Law Dallas, a group of skilled lawyers, mental health professionals, and financial professionals, where Laci continues a deep involvement.
Reflecting the excellence of her practice, Laci has been chosen among D Magazine's Best Lawyers in Dallas Under 40, named five times to Thomson Reuters' Texas Rising Stars, honoring the most highly regarded young attorneys in the state, and has been selected to Thomson Reuters' list of the Texas Up and Coming 100 Texas Rising Stars and the Up and Coming 50 Texas Women Rising Stars, honoring the top 100 young lawyers and top 50 young female lawyers among the ranks of Texas Rising Stars.
Prior to devoting her practice to family law, Laci represented clients in complex high stakes commercial litigation issues in both Federal and State Court. That commercial litigation background helps her provide insights, and potential solutions, to her clients with regard to the complex property division issues that often arise in family law disputes.
Laci graduated from The University of Texas at Austin in 2004, with a B.S.
in Communications Studies with Honors and a B.A. in Government with Honors,
and from Baylor University School of Law in 2009. After law school, Laci
moved to Dallas, Texas, where she currently lives with
her husband and four children.
To Print Laci S. Bowman's Full Bio Click Here
Honors & Awards
Named to the Up and Coming 100 Texas Rising Stars by
Thomson Reuters, 2017
- Named to the Up and Coming 50 Texas Women Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters, 2017, 2018
- Chosen among the Best Lawyers in Dallas Under 40, D Magazine, 2018
- 6-time selection to the list of Texas Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters (2013- 2018)
- Order of the Barristers
- Named to the Up and Coming 100 Texas Rising Stars by
- State Courts of Texas
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Collaborative Law Professionals of North Texas – Co-founder
- Collaborative Law Institute of Texas
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- The Annette Stewart American Inn of Court
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists - Member
- Texas Family Law Foundation
- Board Certified, Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2013
- Baylor University (J.D., 2008)
- Collaborative Law Training, 2010
- University of Texas (B.A., Government; B.S., Communication Studies, 2004, with honors)
- Junior League of Texas