Both young and experienced lawyers who begin their careers with us have a very bright future. We seek lawyers who have passion for a client-focused law practice and who want to uniquely design their careers. It is not unusual for a four or five year associate to present the opening argument in a high-stakes, multi-million dollar trial. We create lean trial teams, because we can respond faster and be more efficient – this approach is better for our clients. Even on the largest pieces of litigation, associates play an active and integral role from beginning to end.
Many of our key managers and directors have been employees of the firm for ten years or more. We don’t expect loyalty that we don’t give in return – our mutual commitment has fueled both the growth and stability of our firm.
Legal secretaries and paralegals, as well as other key personnel, are critical to our delivering a high quality product and extraordinary service to our clients. We recognize our employees’ contributions and appreciate that they play an integral part in making us an exceptional firm.
Godwin Bowman pc is currently seeking a Legal Secretary in our Downtown Dallas office for the Firm’s Family Law section with some Civil Litigation work as well. This position will provide administrative support for six attorneys in a fast-paced environment. Ideal candidate must have two or more years of legal secretarial experience. Family Law experience is a definite plus. Paralegal certificate is also a plus.
Responsibilities and Duties
This position will be responsible for secretarial and administrative tasks including, but not limited to, document creation, editing and preparation, filing, time entry, expense reimbursement processing, client bills, telephone calls, travel arrangements, calendar maintenance and mailing distributions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to exercise good judgment, take initiative and follow through.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to integrate into a fast-paced environment.
- Provide excellent customer service: answer main section phone lines and direct calls; greet clients.
- Typing speed of at least 50 wpm with a high degree of accuracy.
- Candidate should be comfortable working with a variety of computer software programs and be capable of quickly learning new ones as needed.
- Effectively manage and monitor calendaring of deadlines and key dates. Routinely review and follow-up on client deadlines and calendar appointments.
- Work with the team in the preparation and filing of all court documents and have knowledge of electronic court filings and litigation procedures.
- Maintain client files – electronic scanning.
- Experience with iManage is a plus.
Please submit qualifying resumes to LFrench@GodwinBowman.com. Principals only please.