Business & Commercial Litigation
Dallas Employment Litigation Attorney
Informed Employment Litigation Representation Since 1980
Godwin Bowman PC has more than three decades of experience representing employers in Dallas, throughout Texas, and nationwide. Godwin Bowman PC is a recognized name in employment litigation, having represented Fortune 500 companies and industry leaders.
If you are an employer in Dallas, contact Godwin Bowman PC online or call (214) 939-4400 for a consultation with an employment litigation attorney.
Our lawyers have extensive experience in litigating non-competition, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreements on behalf of employers and employees in federal and state courts and at arbitration. We also draft non-compete agreements with employees, independent contractors, joint venture partners, suppliers and vendors, and others.
In addition, Godwin Bowman PC has helped many companies across a wide range of industries protect their confidential information and trade secrets — developing proactive strategies, and, when necessary, representing our clients’ interests in court. We also provide practical counsel to help executives avoid mistakes that could put them or their new employers in jeopardy.
Whether you are looking to audit the existing trade secrets protection protocols within your company, implement new protection measures, or to enforce such measures in court, Godwin Bowman PC has a broad-based team of knowledgeable attorneys to assist you.
We represent clients in disputes involving a broad range of employment issues, including:
We represent employers in disputes involving a broad range of employment issues, including:
- Discrimination and Retaliation litigation
- Discrimination accusations can present costly concerns for your company’s future. Our breadth of experience encompasses wage discrimination, sexual harassment litigation, paid leave issues, and more. Our employment litigation lawyers have the knowledge and experience necessary to handle all types of discrimination disputes, including matters involving Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and other federal and Texas state laws concerning discrimination in the workplace.
- Claims of wrongful termination due to retaliation can result in severe consequences for employers. We provide a meticulous and informed defense to employers in retaliation investigations and litigation.
- Department of Labor (DOL) investigations & litigation
- Our attorneys have represented employers in the face of DOL investigations and accusations. Our skilled advocates have experience protecting employers in the face of retirement plan audits, accusations of wage and hour violations, and alleged ERISA failures.
- Non-compete and trade secrets litigation
- Whether you are an employer fighting to maintain your competitive edge or an executive looking to avoid legal action, you need to take the right steps to protect your interests.
- Wage and hour dispute litigation
- Wage and hour disputes can be incredibly costly for employers, particularly if the alleged misconduct occurred years or even decades ago and involves a large number of employees. We fight to shield employers against accusations of wage and hour violations, such as overtime violations, wrongful independent contractor classification, and more.
- Regulatory and immigration issues
- The complexity of state and federal immigration laws is one of the biggest obstacles to employment in the United States. We represent employers facing litigation over immigration issues, such as I-9 compliance and employment and investor visas, and we defend companies against allegations of unlawful immigration and hiring practices.
Sophisticated Legal Counsel for Employers
Employment issues can be costly and damaging to your business. Godwin Bowman PC has the experience and skills that you need to help avoid these issues initially and to act as your advocate if you face allegations involving employment disputes.